Thursday, October 05, 2006

PLEASE put my Dad in your prayer :o{

this is why:


In the passed week my dad has been having some dizzy spells and Drinking A LOT of water, like he's never drank water before and going to the bathroom every 5 min..

Anyway my mom asked me to ask him Yesterday-Wednesday if I should make him a doctor’s appointment and he said 'No I'm okay, I've lost some weight but that’s good for me".

Then this morning he took me to the buses over by the Highland Park for work and on the way there he turned the wheel like he was going into a driveway and turned the wheel back real fast.

Scared me to death, I asked him if he's alright when I looked at him he tilted his head back on the head rest and took a real big sigh. Then he was fine.

That scared me so bad that I called my mom as soon as I got out of the car and told her to have Irma(my sister) call and make an appointment NOW, and told her what happened.

Irma calls me at work and leaves me a message to call her back and she said that she took dad to the doctor and they did some test and said that he's diabetic they sent him home to eat and that they need to come back at 1:00p.m. to get more test done.

I told her to call me back to find out what happened. Irma calls me back about 2:30 and said that his blood sugar was up to over 1000 the doctor want him in the Hospital NOW.

He's in there now they put in an i v with some potassium and in anothere bag some insulin to get his sugar down. They said that he will be in the hospital for 2 to 3 days.


What I don't understand, is how did he get it? Only one person in his family has Diabetes one sister and she's way younger than my 72 year old dad.

She's in her 60's. There was no kind of signs until now.

12 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Rosie, that's scary as heck! I wonder why he's suddenly diabetic. Seems like you told me your mom is diabetic too. Those two better be careful!

I bet you were scared to death watching your dad drive off knowing how he was driving. Was he out by Highland Park and had to make it all the way back home? Oh my gosh!

You should read up on diabetes so you can watch for signs in you and your sister.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Check this out:

http://www.diabetes.org/about-diabetes.jsp

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger enN2sp said...

Yeah, mom is Diabetic, only 2 of her siblings don't have it out of 9 counting her.

The girls help me all the time when they are over there. They both tell me if mom had some kind of sweet and now dad.

Yeah he was on his way back home from Highland Park.

I do have to watch ALL of us not just me and Irma.

Your mom told me that Beepo's family had it also.

I have read just about everything about Diabetes. But I like to get some updates on it.

What gets me is that my own mom who has it did notice, until Wednesday when she told me to ask him if he wanted me to make a Dr's. appointment for him.


I have already told the girls "NO MORE CANDY no sweets only on special occasions like Halloween is coming, Thanks Giving, all those desserts, then Christmas, candy canes everywhere.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger alli-gal said...

I will say a prayer for your Dad Rosie. I'm so sorry that you had to find out in such a scary way.

The good thing about diabetes is: it can be controlled pretty easily if the patient watches their diet and takes their medicines or shots like they're supposed to.

The most important thing is diet though. If people let themselve go with diabetes, it can cause a lot of other problems too, so try to be very positive around him while he's getting use to the idea, and if he has a sweet tooth, there's all kinds of dessert out there made especially for diabetics..that might help if he doesn't have to stop eating the good stuff completely!!!

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger enN2sp said...

Thanks,
Dad is home now from St. Joe and doing REAL good.

He had the best Nurse there on the 2nd floor her name is Mary (I don't remember her last name).

He IS sticking to his diet and my mom is going along with him being Diabetic also, she just didn't stick to her diet that well.

BUT, the girls tell on them when they do eat or drink something that they aren't suppose to be.

The insulin helped my dad so much that he doesn't need his glasses to read anymore. He started wearing glasses back in "86".

We think that's when he was diabetic, but he had his regular physicals with blood drawn and everything else and they didn't find it until now. Make no since to me.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger alli-gal said...

I'm so glad your Dad is home from the hospital. Sounds like he's doing much better...that's wonderful!!!!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Wow Rosie that's great! I'm glad he's home and I know he's glad to be home too!

That's crazy about his eye sight! WOW!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger sela said...

Wow. I had no idea this was going on. Well, I'm glad your dad is ok now.

Craig's parents are(were) both diabetic. When Craig's dad lost a bunch of weight he became...uh, not diabetic again!! Yep, he's cured. His Dr. took him off all his meds and everything. No more testing, nothing. Isn't that something?!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger enN2sp said...

That's GREAT s-hooks.

We have found out that both my parent come from diabetics my mom's dad (my grandpa) was diabetic but no one know who was on my dad's side.

But anyway they get it when they are in their 60's or 70's. I can't wait to get it - NOT.

I have tried to cut out a lot of sweets and am trying to do the same with the girls but of course Brent submarines it with them.

Cinda has told me that someone in Beepo's family had it and I try for Brent not to eat so many sweets but it like beating a dead horse. (STUBORN!!)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger enN2sp said...

ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!
What is your blog address?
I can't wait to see it!

People (relatives)this is my friend Angie. She use to work with me at Head Start. GOOD Person!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Angie!!!!!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger alli-gal said...

Hey you!!!

Where's your next blog???? It's been a minute!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home